SCHEDULED ACTIVITY: 18th September Arroyo Zapateros
Málaga mountains have an extraordinary frequency of copper outcrops. Copper metals are preferably embedded in fractured shales and greywackes, of paleozoic age.
Such copper outcrops have been derived in some mining operations since ancient communities (Bronze age), or recently, during XIX and beginning of XX centuries.
This a magnificient opportunty to discover how the copper metal crop out at surface in our mountain ranges and its geological features.
PURPOSE OF THE VISIT
The main purposes of the site visit are remarked as follows:
- We will visit a small copper adit as a representation of past mining works.
- We will remark some geological features of the landscape, geomorphology, host rocks, faults, copper veins, and compass-using introduction.
- We will collect some azurite and malachite samples.
Read here the RULES FOR ASSISTANCE ACTIVITY »
TICKETS AND PRICES
- General (Museum visit) 4€
- Reduced rate 3€ (retired persons more than 65, unemployed, and childs from 7 to 12 years old)
- Site visits, excursions 6€ (Guided tour, english spoken)